Demystify Comprehensible Input & Master It's True Meaning and Application.
Transform Your Teaching with Story-Listening and GSSR
- Research-Backed Approach: It is grounded in solid theory, including Dr. Stephen Krashen's Second Language Acquisition theory, and supported by extensive research.
- Stress-Free Learning: With this method, students learn languages joyfully and free from anxiety.
- Universal Accessibility: Easily adaptable and implementable in any teaching setting.
- Cost-Effective & Efficient: Minimize expenses and workload with our process.
- Comprehensive support: We offer the complete package - theory, practice and a supportive community to guide your journey in Story-Listening.
Are you ready to learn how? Join us!Access our free minicourse
The Best Possible Way
"Guided Self-Selected Reading (GSSR) is one of the most useful ideas that we have ever had introduced into our profession."
"All we need is a teacher who can tell stories and a library full of books."
Your Journey to
Story-Listening and Guided Self-Selected Reading:
Ready-to-use package includes:
- SL video of story presented by Dr. Mason
- Level adapted Story with text profile
- Prompter (includes drawings)
- Prompter Vocabulary & More
Jump into Story-Listening: A Practical How-To
- Story Selection: Learn how to choose the right stories.
- Session Preparation: Learn preparation techniques for SL sessions.
- Student Progress Evaluation: Gain skills in assessing student learning.
- Overcoming SL Challenges: Explore solutions for common obstacles
- Optimal Input Focus: Target effective language input
Story-Listening and Guided Self-Selected Reading - Theoretical Foundations and Supporting Evidence
This course is an overview of Stephen Krashen’s Optimal Input theory. This is the theoretical foundation on which Story-Listening and Guided Self-Selected Reading rests.LEARN MORE
Invitation to Story-Listening
Experience it for yourself
Read the research evidence
And learn how to do it!
The Story-Listening Community Connection
Join our virtual hub for language teachers, hosted by Dr. Beniko Mason, an expert in Story-Listening techniques. Connect, learn, and share experiences in this interactive community.JOIN THE FREE COMMUNITY
The Stories First Foundation
Building a bridge to reading through stories first
The Stories First Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to getting more books, more stories, and more joyful input in language classrooms.
Discover our collection of free graded readers in simple French, Spanish, English, and German.Go to the Stories First Foundation Homepage
Keep me in the loop!
Receive articles and updates on the latest developments..