Become the Teacher You Always Wanted to Be
Frustrated with Traditional Teaching Methods?
Learn how to use Story-Listening to rejuvenate your teaching approach, making classes more dynamic and effective.Access Jump Into Story-Listening
Kickoff with a Captivating Demonstration: Experience a Greek folktale, "Cat Woman," brought to life through Story-Listening.
Five Engaging Classes Covering:
- Selecting the Perfect Story
- Preparing for a Story-Listening Session
- Innovative Student Evaluation Techniques
- Navigating Challenges and Enhancing Engagement
- Achieving Optimal Input for Maximum Impact
Each topic includes a video presentation and is complemented by textual explanations.GET ACCESS NOW for $70 USD
What will you learn in the course?
Learn from the creator of Story-Listening
Story-Listening is a foreign language teaching method developed by Dr. Beniko Mason and based on Second Language Acquisition Theory.
Story Preparation Essentials
- Selecting the right story for your audience.
- Personalizing the story to enhance engagement.
- Creating an effective Prompter to ensure Optimal Onput.
- Key rehearsal techniques for a successful Story-Listening lesson.
Effective Story Delivery - Learn key techniques for:
- Capturing and maintaining student attention from start to end.
- Crafting engaging story openings and memorable endings.
- Strategic use of drawings and the prompter for impact.
- Activities for after the story, enhancing learning and interaction.
- Techniques to gauge student comprehension of the story.
- The role of summary writing in assessment.
- Differentiating between formative and summative evaluations.
- Approaches to quantitative evaluation.
- Using questionnaires and individual interviews.
- Standardized tests or teacher-made tests for effective assessment?
Explore deeper aspects of Story-Listening:
- Insights on the role of drawing in SL.
- Handling situations when SL doesn't go as planned.
- Understanding and applying the I+1 concept.
- Discussing why SL/GSSR stands out as a superior teaching method.
Achieving Optimal Input in Story-Listening
- Strategies for providing Optimal Input to learners.
- Incorporating background information effectively.
- Using the 'story within a story' technique.
- Optimal Unpredictability and Quantity